NO SHOWS AND CANCELLATIONS: If you cancel 30 days before the tour before 6:00 pm (Lima time), an administrative charge of 60% will be applied. After this time, there is a 100% cancellation or no-show fee.
Lake Titicaca has long been considered a sacred place among natives and indigenous people, those who live in and around the lake consider themselves descendants of Mama Cocha ( sacred water) since according the history lake Titicaca was the birthplace of the civilization and the Incas. Viracchocha the Andean creator deity sent the Inca brothers to illuminated this areas principally Cuzco valley.
Lake Titicaca is a dazzling sight .it’s deep azure waters seemingly extend forever across the altiplano, under the monstrously wide sky at an elevation of 4000mt/13,000ft it is massive the only one world’s highest navigable lake, it has been inhabited for thousands of years and it is make and re-made of totora (reeds that grows here) which serve as home for some local villages in the lake. Nowadays is visited by thousands of tourists where you will get unforgettable experience.
What's Included in Puno Lake
- All transfers in/out, airport, hotel, bus and train station.
- 2 nights at 3 star hotel.
- 2 breakfast at the hotels.
- 2 Lunches on day 1 and 2
- Round trip Bus tickets
- Entrance fees per itinerary
- Meals that are not stated otherwise.
What to expect
Route of the sun on the road to PUNO
In the morning, we will pick you up from your hotel and drop you off at the Bus station. This is a really nice bus trip that is more like a tour as it stops at four interesting sites along the way. Where you have guided tour and lunch at a restaurant. Places we will visit are: Andahuyalillas: Sistine chapel of South America: this church is one of the most beautiful examples of Andean popular religious art. (It leaves at 7.30am and arrives at about 5pm.)
Raqchi (Wiracocha God Temple): This was an Incan church of monumental dimensions; 100 meters long, 26 meters wide and 14 meters high. The temple is divided in two naves and each nave shows 11 giant columns that’s huge! La Raya: This is the half-way point between Cusco and Puno and also the highest point (4335 meters above sea level). The landscapes here are stunning and typical Andean animals like llamas, alpacas and vicuñas are common. It is also the geographic border between two cultures, the Quechua and Aymara.
Pukara: This is the most important and oldest ceremonial center of the altiplano. There are interesting life like sculptures and tombs. The trip also includes a really nice lunch buffet in a Sicuani town.
uros island and amantani
Between 7:40am and 8am, we will transfer you from the hotel to the port and then by motor boat. We will take you to one of the legendary islands of Uros, where you can observe the lives of the Uros people who live on the floating reed islands. After a beautiful three hour boat ride, we reach Taquile Island, where we will break into smaller groups to stay with the local families.
You have the opportunity to trek to the top of the mountain (4150 m.a.s.l) to see the Temples of Pachamama and Pachatata. Enjoy the traditional customs of the island people. Food and authentic music prepared and performed by your designated family. Then, we return back to Puno and transfer you back to your hotel.
Taquile island - PUNO
After breakfast, we will take you either to Juliaca (airport) or Cusco.
Option 1: Transfer to Juliaca airport located only 45 minutes away from Puno.
Option 2: Transfer to the bus station and back to Cusco to Hotel.
End of service
What to Bring to Puno Lake
- Clothing: long trousers, convertible pants or shorts, long and short-sleeved T-shirts or shirts, cotton socks.
- Warm clothes for high altitude areas (Puno, 3800 msnm), especially at night, including sweaters / fleeces and a jacket.
- Rain gear or poncho (you can buy a basic one in Puno), especially if visiting in the months November to April.
- Comfortable footwear, trekking boots recommended.
- Hat or cap to protect you from the sun, cold and rain.
- Sun block (high factor).
- After-sun cream or hydrating cream for face and body.
- Personal toiletries and medications.
- Non-disposable canteen (Nalgene type) or water bottle to carry water on outings.
- Cash in soles and/or US$ for extras (souvenirs, beverages, etc)
- Original passport and passport photocopies.