NO SHOWS AND CANCELLATIONS: If you cancel 30 days before the tour before 6:00 pm (Lima time), an administrative charge of 60% will be applied. After this time, there is a 100% cancellation or no-show fee.
Enjoy a luxury train ride and a humbling homestay A fantastic way to explore Titicaca life. If you want to get a deeper insight into how the Aymara people of Titicaca live, then leave your hotel for a night and enjoy a highly rewarding homestay. Amantani islanders still live very traditionally and very simply. You can spend the night in one of their houses, and learn a bit more about life on this remote island. Combined with one of the great train journeys of the world, this makes for a fantastic and contrasting package.
What's Included in Lake Titicaca, Puno 4 Days
- Accommodation: 2 night(s) in hotel(s) in Puno, 1 night homestay in Amantani
- Excursions: Train from Cusco to Puno By andean explorer, Lake Titicaca
- Entrance fees to parks and cultural sights: Amantani, Uros and Taquile Islands
- Transfers: All airport transfers, Hotel pickup and drop-off, all transfers are assisted by English-speaking staff.
- Transport: minivan, on foot, boat
- Meals: According mentioned in the itinerary
- Local top quality English-speaking guides to accompany visits and excursions
- 24 hour support by our local staff
- International airfare, domestic airfare within Peru, airport departure taxes (Approximate cost US$ 31.00 international flights, and US$ 7.40 for each domestic flight).
- Tips on included excursions, visas, travel insurance, personal items.
- Pre & post tour accommodation.
- Spending money – allow approximately US$ 35-50 per day to cover meals, snacks, drinks, limited souvenirs, laundry, tips and any extras.
What to expect
Lake Titicaca Tour
This morning you are picked up from your hotel to board the luxury all-day train from Cusco across altiplano to Puno. This is one of the “Great Train journeys of the World”. The waiter service and entertainment is everything you would expect from the Orient Express. On arrival in Puno a private vehicle will pick you up from the train station in Puno and transfer you to your hotel for your stay on the shores of Lake Titicaca.
Uros and Amantani Islands
Hahu Travel b gives you these stunning trips within a couple days. One night on the Island of Amantani, in a home stay sleeping with the families. Between 7:40am and 8am, you‘ll be transferred from the hotel to the port and then by motor boat. We take you to one of the legendary islands of Uros, where you can observe the lives of the Uros people, who live on floating reed islands. After a beautiful three hour boat ride, we reach Amantani Island, where we will break into smaller groups to stay with the local families.
You will have the opportunity to trek to the top of a mountain (4150 m.a.s.l) to see the Temples of the Pachamama and Pachatata. Enjoy the traditional customs of the island people. Food and authentic music prepared and performed by your designated family. Meals are provided and included within trip. Maximum Altitude is at 4150 m.a.s.l. That will be a good way to appreciate the majestic lakes and its inhabitants (sleep on the island).
Taquile Tour and Return to Puno
From Amantani you take the boat across the sapphire waters to Taquile Island, famous for its beautiful weavings, friendly people and great hiking opportunities. You will have lunch in a typical restaurant before returning to Puno and transferring back to your hotel.
Transfer to Juliaca via Silustani
Depending on your flight time, you can visit the pre-Inca burial towers of Silustani, before travelling on to Juliaca airport for your flight.
What to Bring to Lake Titicaca, Puno 4 Days
- Clothing: long trousers, convertible pants or shorts, long and short-sleeved T-shirts or shirts, cotton socks.
- Warm clothes for high altitude areas (Puno, 3800 msnm), especially at night, including sweaters / fleeces and a jacket.
- Rain gear or poncho (you can buy a basic one in Puno), especially if visiting in the months November to April.
- Comfortable footwear, trekking boots recommended.
- Hat or cap to protect you from the sun, cold and rain.
- Sun block (high factor).
- After-sun cream or hydrating cream for face and body.
- Personal toiletries and medications.
- Non-disposable canteen (Nalgene type) or water bottle to carry water on outings.
- Cash in soles and/or US$ for extras (souvenirs, beverages, etc)
- Original passport and passport photocopies.