NO SHOWS AND CANCELLATIONS: If you cancel 30 days before the tour before 6:00 pm (Lima time), an administrative charge of 60% will be applied. After this time, there is a 100% cancellation or no-show fee.
- Hike through the beautiful Rainbow Mountains
- Visit exotic wildlife in their natural habitat
- Enjoy an outdoor activity and contemplate natural wonders
This tour is offered with groups of maximum 18 travelers, expert guide in (Spanish and English). In this tour we will discover the incredible mountain of colors Vinicunca or also called Rainbow Mountain.
During an intense and exciting day we will cross the impressive mountain range located in the town of Chillihuani, considered the longest in the world. Finally, in the heart of the same mountain range we will enjoy the fantastic views of the famous Rainbow Mountain.
What's Included in Rainbow mountain
- Entrance ticket To Rainbow Mountain
- Tourist transport for the whole excursion in Shared with the group.
- Oxygen bottles and first aid kit
- Food: 1 light breakfast, 1 comfortable lunch (we also have vegetarian options).
- Pick up from your hotel in Cusco
- Tourist Transport return to the City of Cusco, not to the hotel, will be left as close as possible to the main square.
- Professional Guide for the excursion (English | Spanish).
- Emergency horse.
What to expect
Hiking in the Mountain 7 Colourful
Pick up will be early in the morning to begin our journey by vehicle to Cusipata, for an average of 2 hours. In this town we will have breakfast in a local family restaurant, then we will continue our trip to Phulahuasipata for another hour with the same tourist transport.From this place we will begin the walk that lasts approximately 1 hour and a half, until we reach the highest point in the mountain viewpoint, above the 5100 m altitude. From this place it is possible to observe the Ausangate mountain and the Rainbow Vinicunca mountain, if the weather conditions permit.After reaching the top, we will have some time and take pictures, before starting the descent which has an estimated duration of 1 hour. The tour takes place on the same road to our vehicle and we move to the community of Cusipata where we will have lunch. After lunch and recovering our energy, we will continue the trip back to the San Francisco square in Cusco, where our activity ends.
What to Bring to Rainbow mountain
Vinicunca, or Winikunka, also called Mountain of Seven Colors, Mountain of Colors or Rainbow Mountain, is a mountain in Peru with an altitude of 5,200 meters above sea level, with very changing climates without notice, We recommend carrying.
- Sun Glasses.
- Hat & Scarf.
- Camera or camcorder
- Personal snack and water in bottle
- Original Passport
- Long sleeve shirt and long pants.
- Extra money (soles or dollars)
- Walking sticks
- Rain Jacket
- Warm clothes (rainy season raincoat)
- Coca Leaves.
- Comfortable footwear (if possible waterproof mountain shoes)
- Medium trekking backpack (20 liters approx.)