NO SHOWS AND CANCELLATIONS: If you cancel 30 days before the tour before 6:00 pm (Lima time), an administrative charge of 60% will be applied. After this time, there is a 100% cancellation or no-show fee.
- Discover this historic and beautiful place where you can visit the enigmatic archaeological sites of Moray.
- Participate in a learning experience and take advantage of an introduction to the art of Andean weaving.
- Admire the well-preserved Inca walls of the main square, as well as the numerous altars of Chinchero.
On this day trip you will have the opportunity to explore with a guide the amazing landscapes of the center Archaeological site of Moray and the amazing salt mines of town of Maras (salt mines).
They will also have an excellent visit the town of Chinchero and its textile market that will show you its different handmade fabrics.
What's Included in Maras & Moray
- Pick up from your hotel in Cusco
- Tourist transport to carry out the entire tour
- Bilingual Guide for all the trip ( English | Spanish )
- Small groups and Custom.
- foods that are not mentioned in the itinerary
- Ticket for Salineras US$ 5
- Partial tourist ticket ( US$ 25)
What to expect
Visiting the Terraces of Moray and the Salt Mines of Maras
Our transport will pick you up at your hotel and we will go to our first stop, Chinchero (Textile Center) Declared as historical heritage which is located about 40 minutes from the city of Cusco, It has a textile center, where we can see how processes alpaca wool and different fabrics.After the visit, we will go to the archaeological center of Moray, which are like terraces or agricultural platforms that are concentrically superimposed taking the form of a gigantic amphitheater. There the inhabitants of the town used to experiment with agricultural crops due to climatic variations.AThen, we will continue visiting the Maras salt mines, we will have 1 hour, where the guide will explain the salt extraction process, we will have time to take pictures and be able to buy pure chocolate treated with Maras salt, After the visit, we will return to Cusco.
What to Bring to Maras & Moray
Moray is an archeological site that is located near Cusco, in Peru. It is characterized by being made up of several circular platforms and is located at 3,500 meters above sea level, part of the Sacred Valley of the Incas. We recommend you bring:
- Warm clothing (waterproof in rainy season).
- Comfortable footwear (if possible, waterproof mountain footwear)
- Personal Snack.