On this day trip you will have the opportunity to explore with the ATVs with a guide the amazing landscapes of the archaeological center of Moray and the amazing salt mines of the town of Maras (salt mines).
What's Included in Maras Moray Quad Bike
- Protective equipment (helmet and gloves)
- Transportation Cusco – Racchi – Cusco (private car just for our group).
- Individuals or dobles Quads (depends of your preference).
- Tourist Transport return to the City of Cusco, not to the hotel, will be left as close as possible to the main square.
- First Aid Kit
- Professional Guide for the excursion (English | Spanish).
- Briefing in our office a day before (optional)
- Partial tourist ticket (S / .70.00)
- No type of food
- Ticket for Salineras S / 15.00
What to expect
Maras Moray ATV Tour
We will start the adventure by picking you up from your hotel in Cusco to start our trip of approximately 40 minutes on our tourist transport to the Racchi Village. Here the guide will give us some small driving instructions and then we will have the opportunity to practice in the ATVs for 15 or 20 minutes.Once we are ready for the unique crossing, we will begin the tour with the ATVs to the salt mine. At this point we will visit the salt mines of Maras (50 mnts from Cusco). We will have 1hr time in which the guide will explain the salt extraction process and we will have time to take pictures and be able to make purchases of pure chocolates processed with the salt of maras.After the visit to the salt mines, we will continue the trip with the ATVs to the archaeological center of Moray where the guide will give us a brief explanation of the place on how there the inhabitants of the town used to experiment with the agricultural crops due to the variations climatic After the visit we will return with the motorcycles to racchi and then board our transport to Cusco at 12:30 pm.
What to Bring to Maras Moray Quad Bike
Maras is a small town located west of Cusco, Peru. It is at 3300 meters above sea level, on a plain that in the past was a plateau where you could see different snow mountains, with varied climates depending on the time, therefore we suggest you take.
- Warm clothes (rainy season raincoat)
- Extra money for tickets
- Sun Glasses.
- Comfortable footwear (if possible waterproof mountain shoes)
- Camera or camcorder
- Cap or hat
- Personal snack and water in bottle
- Light backpack