Trip to Machu Picchu with a 2-day economic tour, known as Machu Picchu By Car . Passing through sections of mountains to reach Aguas Calientes and take a guided tour of the ancient Inca City.
In case you are more interested in history and culture we recommend Sacred Valley & Machu Picchu If you are more of an explorer of nature, mountains and have 4 or more days available, the best options are Inca Jungle, Salkantay Trek.
What's Included in Machu Picchu by Car
- Transfer by car / shared van to / from Cusco and Hydroelectric
- Lunch at the Hydroelectric Plant
- Dinner in Aguas Calientes
- Breakfast at the hostel in Aguas Calientes.
- Entrance ticket to Machu Picchu
- Professional bilingual guide in Machu Picchu
- Accommodation in hostel or 3 star hotel (only if selected)
- Breakfast on the first day and lunch after the visit to Machu Picchu.
- Train ticket to and from Hidroeléctrica and Aguas Calientes (can be chosen as a supplement when paying)
- Bus to and/or from Machu Picchu and Aguas Calientes (can be chosen as a supplement at the end of the purchase)
- Hot springs in Aguas Calientes (can be paid on site)
- Travel Insurance
What to expect
Trip through the Amazon Access to Aguas Calientes
Our guide will start with the pick up and come to your hotel or hostel at 7:30 am to start the trip aboard the minibus that will take us to Hydroelectric. On the way we will make a stop in the town of Santa Teresa about 1:30 pm to have our lunch and continue until we reach Hydroelectric about 3:00 pm.Arriving at the hydroelectric this point of the route the road ends, so we will have two options for the arrival in Aguas Calientes: walk along the route that takes advantage of the route of the train tracks (a two and a half hour walk through the jungle) or take the train to Aguas Calientes (Inca Rail or Peru Rail in Expedition class) that takes a 30-minute journey.We will arrive with a transfer to Aguas Calientes and Once there we will have to walk for 15 minutes more to the hotel where we will have dinner and talk with the guide where they will agree on the meeting point for the next day. During the night you will have time to get to know the town and enjoy the thermal baths (cost S /. 10.00).
Guided Tour in Machu Picchu
On this day we will get up very early to have breakfast, then we will have to walk for approximately 1hr and 30mts to the Inca citadel of Machupicchu for approximately 30 minutes. Upon arrival we will enjoy one of the best moments of the tour: see the sunrise.We will make the excursion with the Guide through the citadel of Machupicchu, for 2 hours. Then they will be given free time where they can take a walk to the citadel, Passengers who have a visit to Machupicchu Mountain | Huaynapicchu will have to go to the entrance where they will have to climb for 1hr 30m and visit for a prudent time, after the visit we will have to return to hot waters by bus or walking.After returning from Machu Picchu we will have to return walking for about 3 hours or you could also take the train for 30mnts to the Hydroelectric, there the minibus with our name will be waiting for us, then it will take us back to Cuzco for approximately 6hrs with the transport , where we will arrive to Cusco around 10:00 pm which will conclude in the San Fransisco square.
What to Bring to Machu Picchu by Car
Keep in mind that Aguas Calientes is 1000 meters less than Cusco and that the weather varies depending on the time of year, especially during the rainy season. As it is a variable climate we recommend carrying:
- Passport or ID card
- Comfortable shoes
- Comfortable clothing
- Insect repellent
- Weather-appropriate clothing
- Waterproof shoes
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- Not recommended for children under 9 years old