In these two days we will travel the hiking trail: a path that is more than 500 years old. On the walk we will appreciate a Unique environment and our steps will take us to the Wiñaywayna Archaeological Zone and Puerta del Sol.
the entrance to the sacred site of the Inca citadel. The next morning, we will finish our Inka Trail, with one of the most beautiful sunrises, the sunrise in Machu Picchu and a guided tour of the archaeological ruins.
What's Included in Inca Trail Short
- Tourist Transportation, Return from ollantaytambo to Cusco in Private for The Group and drop off at the hotel
- Accommodation: 1 nights in Hotel 3 ***
- 24-hour guest service: We have telephone service available 24 hours/day for ease of communication and preparation with the agency leading up to your trek.
- Meals: 1 Breakfast, 1 Box Lunch, 1 dinner (Vegetarian, vegan or special menus are available at no extra cost)
- Ticket : Permit and Entrance Fees for Inca Trail Park and Machu Picchu Sanctuary.
- The train ticket: From Ollantaytambo to Km 104 inca Trail.
- Transport: Transport from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes Round Trip (You can choose when to use the ticket, only valid for two routes)
- Transport: Collection from your hotel in the morning and transportation in a private vehicle to Ollantaytambo (Where you will take the train to Km 104)
- Entrance ticket to the citadel of Machupicchu
- Entrance fee to Inca Trail.
- Medical kit: Our crew will bring a first-aid kit, including emergency oxygen bottle
- Train tickets: From Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo (“Expedition|Voyager” service with Peru Rail or Inca Rail ( subject to availability)
- Last lunch after the visit to Machu Picchu
- Walking Sticks: You can rent a set from our company if you would like.
- 2nd Day: Lunch and Dinner in Aguas Calientes.
- Additional costs or delays out of control of the management (landscape, bad weather condition, itinerary modification due to a safety concern, illness, change of government policy, political instability/strike, etc.)
- Products for hygiene: You will be provided with a small towel before each meal to clean your hands.
- Machu Picchu Mountain & Huayna Picchu Mountain Entrance Tickets. Anyone costs an extra of $25.00 (US) for the Salkantay Trek and $65.00 (US) for the Inca Trail.
What to expect
Tour of the Inca Trail
Inca Trail known as a connection network to the sacred places, We start with pick up around 4:00 am from their respective accommodations of each of the participants in the tour, then we will depart towards Ollantaytambo for approximately 2 hours, where we will take the train that will take us to km 104, starting place to Inca Trail. Before starting we will pass our corresponding control of the tickets on the Inca Trail, there begins a three-hour walk to the Wiñaywayna Archaeological Zone, it is at 2600 meters of altitude and is believed to be the home of the ancient priests of Machu Picchu.We will take the opportunity to eat and rest a little and continue walking along the Inca Trail until we reach the Puerta del Sol, the access to the sacred site of Machu Picchu. Then we will descend by bus until we reach Aguas Calientes, where we will stay at the hostel. We will have dinner and have time to rest or optionally visit the thermal baths.
Guided tour in Machu Picchu
We will get up early to have breakfast at the hotel, then we will go to the bus station to board and arrive at Machu Picchu to appreciate the sunrise. We will have 2 hours of guided tour, then having enough time to enjoy it on your own until it is time to descend on foot or by bus to Aguas Calientes. There we will take the train to Ollantaytambo, where transport will be waiting for us to move to Cusco.
What to Bring to Inca Trail Short
inca trail | walk of the incas | Inca Trail Express, a short route to get to know the sacred path to the strategic points, with changing climates, passing valley and high jungle andes. We recommend you bring
- Raincoat / waterproof poncho
- Backpack for two days
- Original Passport
- Extra money (soles or dollars)
- T-shirt and shorts for walks
- Comfortable footwear (if possible waterproof mountain shoes)
- Walking sticks
- Hat & Scarf.
- Small backpack from 30 to 60 liters
- Sun Glasses.
- Flashlight or torch with extra batteries.
- Camera or camcorder