NO SHOWS AND CANCELLATIONS: If you cancel 30 days before the tour before 6:00 pm (Lima time), an administrative charge of 60% will be applied. After this time, there is a 100% cancellation or no-show fee.
- Travel to Machu Picchu in one of the most adventurous ways.
- Hike along hidden trails and discover the natural beauty of the area.
- Hike the best alternative routes to get to Machu Picchu.
Adventurous if you want to live an authentic adventure experience through the jungle while traveling the road to Machu Picchu, the Inca Jungle is your best option.
It is a 3-day tour that combines sports, adventure and Inca archeology performing different sports. descent by bicycle, rafting and trekking routes along the paths of the Inca Trail; Hot spring baths or zipline (zip line) in Santa Teresa.
What's Included in Inca Jungle short Route
- Professional Bicycles: (disc hydraulic brake and SHIMANO accessories).
- Accommodation: Second Night or Last Night Hostel with private bathroom and Hot Shower (Private Double Room, Private Matrimonial Available)
- Lunch: 2 comfortable lunches, 2 Breakfasts, 2 Dinners (Vegetarian option available)
- Professional Guide for the excursion (English | Spanish).
- Local Taxi From Santa Maria To Santa Teresa Town
- Meeting with the guide one day before starting the tour
- Pick up from your hotel in Cusco
- ourist transport from Cusco to Santa Maria.
- Oxygen bottles and first aid kit
- Tourist Transportation, Return from ollantaytambo to Cusco in Private for The Group and drop off at the hotel
- Accommodation: First night in Santa Teresa, private bathroom and Hot Shower (Double and Matrimonial rooms available)
- Small groups and Custom.
- Bicycle equipment (Gloves, Seven or 661 Integral Helmet, Fox brand armor, 661 knee pads, Fox elbow pads)
- Train ticket (EXPEDITION | VOYAGER) from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo.
- Entrance ticket to the citadel of Machupicchu
- Bus Up or Down to Machu Picchu.
- Last lunch after the visit to Machu Picchu.
- Extra sports (Rafting and Zipline).
- Entrance to the Hot Springs (Santa Tereza) S / .10.00.
- Breakfast in Ollantaytambo on the first day.
What to expect
Biking down to the Incan jungle
Pick up from your hotel will begin like that at 06:30 am to start the bus adventure. We will arrive at Abra Malaga at 11 am, which is our starting point. There we will enlist with the bicycle protection equipment and then start the 65 km (3 hour) bicycle route to Huamanmarca, where the transport that will take us to the town of Santa Maria will wait for us.Arriving we will have our lunch to then have two options: one would be to stay and take a walk or do the Rafting to a point very close to Santa Maria "Rafting is available at extras ($ 30.00)". Once returning to Santa Maria we will continue the route until we reach the thermal baths of Santa Teresa (Cocalmayo) which are medicinal and therapeutic waters.After relaxing we will continue with our 40 minute walk to the town of Santa Teresa where we will spend our second night, accommodating ourselves in a family lodging. Tonight is used by the majority to enjoy a 'pisco sour', where we will establish friendly ties with our group.
Inca Jungle Walk to Aguas Calientes
This day will be marked by the discovery and history that our professional guide will describe along the way. After a comfortable breakfast in the town of Santa Tereza you will have the opportunity to do the Zip line or canoping Separating (optional - $ 30.00) temporarily from the group and then meet again and continue the journey to the hydroelectric bus with the group.We will arrive at Hidroeléctrica and eat at one of the restaurants to gain strength before the last stage of our path: a 9 km route that runs along the train tracks, located at the bottom of an incredible valley in the vegetation has already been completely transformed into high jungle (here we will have the option to take the train, $ 30.00) or walk around 3hrs until hot waters.When we arrive in Aguas Calientes we will leave our luggage in the lodging and we will have free time to know the town, its market or just relax with a bath in its thermal waters ($ 5.00). At the end of the afternoon we will meet again the whole group. We will have dinner in a restaurant and plan with the guide for the next day, in which we will visit Machu Picchu.
Guided tour in Machu Picchu
At dawn of the fourth day around 4:00 a.m. We will get ready to go to the Inca citadel of Machupicchu a way up through the jungle, having the opportunity to see the sunrise, after registering in the control of the park, 6:20 a.m. You will appreciate the sunrise while luck accompanies us. The option of getting on the bus is also offered ($ 24.00 round trip).Continuing the visit with our professional guide who will share their knowledge for two hours and then we will have free time to make the photographic memories. Passengers who visit Machupicchu Mountain | Huaynapicchu will have to go to the entrance where they will have to climb for 1hr 30m and visit for a prudent time, after the visit we will have to return to hot waters by bus or walking.After the free time in Machu Picchu or the visit that will perform at Machupicchu Mountain | Huaynapicchu Montaña we will have to board the shared bus to Aguas Calientes, in hot waters you can visit optional sites such as (Hot Springs, Museum, Artisan Center) and in the afternoon We will have to take the train back to Ollantaytambo.After 2 hours by train to Ollantaytambo, when we arrive in Ollantaytambo, a staff will be waiting for you with a sign with the company logo to take you to board the bus that will transport us to the city of Cusco for approximately 2 hours of travel and you will be will leave the hotel where you are staying.
What to Bring to Inca Jungle short Route
This Inca jungle tour , inca jungle Short, inca trail short or inka jungle tour, is one of the options that includes climate variables and contains different activities, also known as Inca jungle trail of multi sport, therefore we recommend taking the tour:
- Sandals or flip flops
- Comfortable footwear (if possible waterproof mountain shoes)
- Medium backpack between 20 to 25 liters
- Mosquito repellent.
- Flashlight or torch with extra batteries.
- Extra money (soles or dollars)
- Rain Jacket
- Personal hygiene equipment (toilet paper).
- Hat & Scarf.
- Original Passport
- Personal snack and water in bottle
- Sun Glasses.