Adventurous if you want to live an authentic adventure experience through the jungle while traveling the road to Machu Picchu, the Inca Jungle is your best option. It is a 4-day tour that combines sports, adventure and Inca archeology performing different sports. descent by bicycle, rafting and trekking routes along the paths of the Inca Trail; hot spring baths or zipline (zip line) in Santa Teresa.
What's Included in Inca Jungle Trail
- Entrance ticket to the citadel of Machupicchu
- Train ticket (EXPEDITION | VOYAGER) from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo.
- Tourist transport from Cusco to Santa Maria.
- First Aid Kit
- The meet with guide for a talk about the tour, one day before starting the trip
- Pick up from your hotel in Cusco
- Tourist Transportation, Return from ollantaytambo to Cusco in Private for The Group and drop off at the hotel
- Professional Bicycles: (disc hydraulic brake and SHIMANO accessories).
- Food: 3 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 3 dinners
- Accommodation: 3 nights in basic hostel (Santa Maria, Santa Teresa, Town of Aguas Calientes.)
- tour with the professional guide for 4 days (Spanish | English)
- Bicycle equipment (Gloves, Seven or 661 Integral Helmet, Fox brand armor, 661 knee pads, Fox elbow pads)
- Bus Up or Down to Machu Picchu
- Last lunch after the visit to Machu Picchu
- Extra sports (Rafting and Zipline)
- Entrance to the Hot Springs (Santa Tereza) S / .10.00
- Breakfast in Ollantaytambo on the first day
- Travel health insurance
What to expect
Bicycle descent from Abra Malaga to Santa Maria
Pick up from your hotel will begin like that at 06:30 am to start the bus adventure. We will arrive at Abra Malaga at 11 am, which is our starting point. There we will enlist with the bicycle protection equipment and then start the 65 km (3 hour) bicycle route to Huamanmarca, where the transport that will take us to the town of Santa Maria will wait for us.
Arriving we will have our lunch in Santa María to later rest and continue the adventure, we offer two options: one would be to stay at the hostel to rest or go rafting to a point very close to Santa Maria "rafting is available in the extras ($ 30.00) ". Once in Santa Maria we will meet again the whole group to have dinner and then rest for the second day.
Tour through the Inca jungle to Cocal Mayo
We will start at 6:00 a.m. After enjoying breakfast, we will start the walk that runs part of the Inca Trail. Along the way we can witness the diverse flora and fauna of the place, in addition to observing many species of birds and a wide range of orchids and fruit trees. Remember that this area of Cusco, an Amazon jungle, has one of the richest areas with Biological diversity of the planet, in the small village of Kellomayo we will have a refreshing lunch.
We will continue the route until we reach the thermal baths of Santa Teresa (Cocalmayo) which are medicinal and therapeutic waters. After relaxing we will continue with our 40 minute walk to the town of Santa Teresa where we will spend our second night, accommodating us in a family lodging. Tonight is used by the majority to enjoy a 'pisco sour', where we will establish friendly ties with our group.
Walk through the semi-tropical rainforest towards Aguas Calientes
This day will be marked by the discovery and history that our professional guide will describe along the way. After a comfortable breakfast in the town of Santa Tereza you will have the opportunity to do the Zip line or canoping Separating (optional - $ 30.00) temporarily from the group and then meet again and continue the journey to the hydroelectric bus with the group.
We will arrive at Hidroeléctrica and eat at one of the restaurants to gain strength before the last stage of our path: a 9 km route that runs along the train tracks, located at the bottom of an incredible valley in the vegetation has already been completely transformed into high jungle (here we will have the option to take the train, $ 30.00) or walk around 3hrs until hot waters.
When we arrive in Aguas Calientes we will leave our luggage in the lodging and we will have free time to know the town, its market or just relax with a bath in its thermal waters ($ 5.00). At the end of the afternoon we will meet again the whole group. We will have dinner in a restaurant and plan with the guide for the next day, in which we will visit Machu Picchu.
Guided tour in Machu Picchu
At dawn of the fourth day around 4:00 a.m. we will get ready to go to the Inca citadel of Machupicchu a way up through the jungle, having the opportunity to see the sunrise, after registering in the control of the park, 6:20 a.m. You will appreciate the sunrise while luck accompanies us. The option of getting on the bus is also offered ($ 24.00 round trip).
Continuing the visit with our professional guide who will share their knowledge for two hours and then we will have free time to make the photographic memories. Passengers who visit Machupicchu Mountain | Huaynapicchu will have to go to the entrance where they will have to climb for 1hr 30m and visit for a prudent time, after the visit we will have to return to hot waters by bus or walking.
After the free time in Machu Picchu or the visit to the Machupicchu Mountain | Huaynapicchu Montaña we will have to board the shared bus to Aguas Calientes, in hot waters you can visit optional sites such as (Hot Springs, Museum, Artisan Center) and in the afternoon we will have to take the train back to Ollantaytambo.
After 2 hours by train to Ollantaytambo, when we arrive in Ollantaytambo, a staff with a company logo sign will be waiting to take you to board the bus that will transport us to the city of Cusco for approximately 2 hours of travel and you will be will leave the hotel where you are staying.
What to Bring to Inca Jungle Trail
This Inca jungle tour or inka jungle tour, is one of the options that includes climate variables and contains different activities, also known as Inca jungle trail of multi sport, therefore we recommend taking the tour:
- Comfortable footwear (if possible waterproof mountain shoes)
- Bath linen and towel (for the hot springs of Aguas Calientes)
- T-shirt and shorts for walks
- Sandals or flip flops
- Personal hygiene products
- Extra money (soles or dollars)
- Mosquito repellent.
- Flashlight or torch with extra batteries.
- Personal snack and water in bottle
- Hat or sun hat
- Personal cleaning (Toothpaste, Soap, Shampoo, Etc)
- Small backpack from 30 to 60 liters