The Humantay Glacier Lagoon brings life to the foot of the Humantay mountain. Its waters are crystal clear, with a turquoise tone that touri
What's Included in Huamantay Lake
- Pick up from your hotel in Cusco
- Entrance ticket To Humantay Lake.
- Oxygen bottles and first aid kit
- Tourist Transport return to the City of Cusco, not to the hotel, will be left as close as possible to the main square.
- Professional Guide for the excursion (English | Spanish).
- Food: 1 Breakfast, 1 Lunch
- Tourist transport to carry out the entire tour
- Emergency horse.
What to expect
Excursion to the Humantay lake
Pick up from the hotel will begin at 4:30 am. Once we have met our fellow travelers, we will board the transport and travel for about two hours until we reach Mollepata. There we will have breakfast at the border of the municipality of Cuzco before continuing to Soraypampa, which would be the starting point of our walk.When we arrive at Soraypampa, we will begin to ascend the 300 m to the Humantay lagoon, which will take us approximately 1hr 30 minutes on foot. When we arrive at the lagoon, we will be rewarded with a beautiful panorama of this place. Not only can we admire the Salkantay glacier (which reaches 5450 msnm), but also the Villcamba mountain range. After a break and free time of 1hr to walk around the place, we will prepare for the descent to Soraypampa.When we return to Soraypampa, we can explore the place a bit and visit the trail and the mountain view of Salkantay. It is about of the second largest mountain in the entire region of Cusco. After our short visit, we will go to mollepata to share a buffet lunch before taking the bus again, which will take us back to Cusco. We will arrive at San Francisco Square about 17:30 pm at night.
What to Bring to Huamantay Lake
Humantay Lake, is located on the slopes of the snowy salkantay, we can also mention the height of this beautiful place over 4200 m.s.n.m. Surrounded by the surrounding mountains, with changing climates according to the date, you can witness sun during the daylight hours , then it snows with a little rain. We recommend carrying.
- Waterproof backpack cover.
- T-shirt and shorts for walks
- Walking sticks
- Extra money (soles or dollars)
- Rain gear
- Comfortable footwear (if possible waterproof mountain shoes)
- Hat or sun hat
- Medium backpack between 20 to 25 liters
- Personal snack and water in bottle
- Rain Jacket
- Camera or camcorder