NO SHOWS AND CANCELLATIONS: If you cancel 30 days before the tour before 6:00 pm (Lima time), an administrative charge of 60% will be applied. After this time, there is a 100% cancellation or no-show fee.
Trek 4 Days Classic by Lodge, Choquequirao, the city became the golden city due to the discovery of Machupicchu and historian guests, but no one cares about it later, but it turned out that this is the last The sanctuary, it is the center that extends to the coast of Peru.
The location of the town is close to the gods (sky, sun, moon, stars and mountains), and the spectacular Choquequirao trek will take you to the mysterious last refuge of the Incas. Choquequirao (3.103m / 10178ft) is a large archaeological complex, still in the process of cleaning and restoration, located around Salkantay Sacred Mountain (6.271m / 20569ft) and the Apurimac River Canyon.
What's Included in Choquequirao Trek
- Briefing: Previous Information prior to departure.
- Transportation: Pick up from your hotel in Cusco in the morning and transfer by private transport to Capulioc.
- 01 night at Choquequirao Sanctuary Lodge (2 or 3 people in each room)
- 02 nights in Camp (2 people in each Store)
- Bilingual Professional Guide (one for groups of 2 to 10 people and two guides for groups of 12 people).
- Guided tours during the trip.
- Cook and kitchen assistant.
- Mules to carry the tents, food and kitchen equipment.
- Mules to carry up to 7 Kilos weight for each person.
- Food: 3 Breakfast, 3 Lunch and 3 Dinners (Vegetarian menus, special diets without additional cost).
- Snack, days 1, 2, and 3
- First aid kit including oxygen bottle for emergencies.
- Entrance ticket to Choquequirao citadel.
- Transfer from Capulioc to your hotel in Cusco.
- Boiled water day 2, 3, 4. (1 liter per person)
- Day 1: Breakfast.
- Day 4: Dinner.
- Walking sticks (USD $ 10.00 - 2 walking sticks)
- Sleeping bag, Our sleeping bags are -15 ° C under zero and includes Polar sheets. (USD $ 20.00)
What to expect
Trekking to Capulioc
We start the day picking you up from your respective accommodation from 3:30 a.m. to 4:00 a.m. Approx. After leaving Cusco, we will go to the town of Cachora (Approximately 3 hours and half) there will be a short stop of 30 to 45 minutes for breakfast Once the breakfast time is over, we will continue to Capulioc, where we will start the trek being the first section until Chikiska area (1950 m.a.s.l). After lunch we will descend to Playa Rosalinas and then continue the hike up for approximately 2 hours for our first Santa Rosa Baja camping site. This day we will walk approximately between 5 to 6 hours.
Trekking to Choquequirao
After a healthy breakfast we will head towards Marampata 2,870 m.a.s.l (9,416 ft) where you already can see the archaeological complex of Choquequirao. We will leave our belongings in our Private Lodge (Choquequirao Sanctuary Lodge) and we will take only what is necessary to start our trek to Choquequirao, after a walk of almost 2 hours we will arrive at Choquequirao 3.100 m.a.s.l (10.170 ft). This day we will have all day to visit Choquequirao and its surroundings, our tour will be guided, including the newly discovered areas, where the government through the Institute of Culture INC continues working. We will have a Picnic Lunch in Choquequirao and then descend to Pajchayoc (Pajchayoc Waterfall). In the afternoon after this incredible excursion, we will return to Marampata for dinner and finally finish our day with a comfortable overnight stay in our private lodge.
Return to Chiquisca
At dawn, at approximately 6 am, after taking a small snack, we will begin our descent walk to Chiquisca, where we will enjoy a lunch and have a break to recover energy and where we will spend the night.
Return to Cusco
We will have an early Breakfast around 05:30 am in the morning and then we will walk to Capuliyoc viewpoint where we will say goodbye to the services of the muleteer and his horses to continue by car to the city of Cusco.
What to Bring to Choquequirao Trek
- A backpack with a change of clothes for the entire period of the hike.
- Rain gear (jacket and pants if available) or rain poncho (plastic ponchos can be purchased in Cusco)
- Strong footwear, waterproof trekking boots recommended.
- Sandals or running shoes for greater comfort in camp
- Warm clothing, including jacket, fleece.
- Flashlight / headlamp and batteries
- Camera and batteries (batteries are consumed more quickly in cold conditions)
- Hat or cap to protect from the sun, rain and cold.
- After-sun cream or moisturizer for face and body.
- Insect repellent - minimum recommended 20% DEET - no malaria risk reported.
- Toilet paper
- Snacks: cookies, energy bars, chocolate, raw fruits, muesli, etc. Please note that we provide a daily morning snack and our meal service is very complete and well stocked. This recommendation applies to all customers who are used to a specific snack, as it may happen that it is not included in our selection.
- Water container and water for the first morning.
- Optionally: water sterilization tablets in case you drink water from streams or rivers along the route.
- Otherwise, we provide filtered boiled water, which is safe to drink and has not reported any health problems so far.
- Small towel
- Swimsuit (if you wish to swim in the river).
- Cash in soles and / or US $.
- Original passport
- Original International Student Identity Card (if you have applied for a student discount)
- Optional: walking sticks or poles (rubber covers are required so as not to damage archaeological sites)