NO SHOWS AND CANCELLATIONS: If you cancel 30 days before the tour before 6:00 pm (Lima time), an administrative charge of 60% will be applied. After this time, there is a 100% cancellation or no-show fee.
What's Included in Choquequirao 3 Days
- Briefing: Previous Information prior to departure
- Transportation: Pick up from your hotel in Cusco in the morning and transfer by private transport to Capulioc.
- 02 nights at Choquequirao Sanctuary Lodge (2 or 3 people in each room)
- Bilingual Professional Tour Guide (one for groups of 2 to 10 people and two guides for groups of 12 people).
- Guided tours during the trip.
- Cook and kitchen assistant.
- Mules to carry the tents, food and kitchen equipment.
- Mules to carry up to 7 Kilos weight for each person.
- Food: 2 Breakfast, 2 Lunch and 2 Dinners (Vegetarian menus, special diets without additional cost).
- Snack, days 1, 2, and 3
- First aid kit including oxygen bottle for emergencies.
- Entrance ticket to the Choquequirao citadel.
- Transfer from Capulioc to your Hotel in Cusco.
- Boiled water day 2 and 3 (1 liter per person
- Day 1: Breakfast.
- Day 3: Dinner.
- Walking sticks (USD $ 10.00 - 2 walking sticks)
What to expect
Trekking to Choquequirao Santuary Lodge
We start the day picking you up from your Hotel, from 3:30 am to 4:00 am Approx. Leaving Cusco, we will go to Cachora town. (Approximately 3:30 hours after the departure from Cusco), there will be a short stop about 30 to 45 minutes for breakfast.Once the breakfast time is over, we will continue to a place called Capulioc, the starting point of the trek to Marampata "CHOQUEQUIRAO SANCTUARY LODGE",
We will descend approximately 2:30 hours / 6km of walk and arrive at the lunch point in Chiquisca.After lunch in Chiquisca and a short break, we will continue with the walk for 4.30 hours / 8 km towards Marampata, one of the strongest roads of Cusco, it will be a challenge to reach Marampata. After a hard walk we finally will arrive at our Private Lodge, where we´ll have a delicious dinner and spend the entire night
Return to Marampata
After a delicious buffet breakfast, we will begin our trek to the Archeological Complex of Choquequirao, which will last approximately 2 hours, the entire tour of Choquequirao will be guided, the Llamas sector, the Ceremonial Usno and the Religious Zone. Which is considered the sister of Machu Picchu, since there are several similarities, is also located at 1500 meters above the Apurimac Canon, only a third part of this Archaeological Complex has been discovered and many archaeologists still find something interesting each time.
Then we will have a Picnic Lunch in Choquequirao, and then we will descend to Pajchayoc (Pajchayoc Waterfall). After this incredible excursion, we will return to Marampata for dinner and finally we will finish our day with a comfortable overnight stay in our private lodge.
Return to Cusco
At dawn, at approximately 5 am, after to have a small snack, we will begin our descent walk to Chikisca, where we will have breakfast at 7:00 am and we will also take a short break, then we will start our last hike and we will return to the point sight of Capuliyoc to make a goodbye to this fascinating adventure, when we get to Capuliyoc we will have an aperitif and we will take our private transport to return to Cusco City.
What to Bring to Choquequirao 3 Days
- Comfortable footwear (if possible waterproof mountain shoes)
- Raincoat / waterproof poncho
- Personal hygiene products
- Walking sticks
- Extra money (soles or dollars)
- Original Passport
- T-shirt and shorts for walks
- Waterproof backpack cover.
- Hat or cap.
- Personal cleaning (Toothpaste, Soap, Shampoo, Etc)
- Rain Jacket
- Sleeping bag (-15º)
- Small backpack from 30 to 60 liters
- Hat & Scarf.
- Camera or camcorder
- Personal snack and water in bottle
- Flashlight or torch with extra batteries.
- Sun Glasses.
- Insect repellent