Enjoy a luxury train ride and a humbling homestay
A fantastic way to explore Titicaca life. If you want to get a deeper insight into how the Aymara people of Titicaca live, then leave your hotel for a night and enjoy a highly rewarding homestay. Amantani islanders still live very traditionally and very simply. You can spend the night in one of their houses, and learn a bit more about life on this remote island. Combined with one of the great train journeys of the world, this makes for a fantastic and contrasting package.
- Terms & Conditions
TYPE SERVICE: Group Service
TYPE ITINERARY: Customize
ACTIVITIES: Cultural & History, Family Friendly, Experiential Tourism
DESTINATION: Route of the Sun By Andean Explorer, Puno, Lake Titicaca Cross the Altiplano on one of the Great Train Journeys of the World Spend a night with a local Aymara family on Amantani Island Visit the famous reed islands of Lake Titicaca
DAY 1: TRAIN TO TITICACA:
DAY 2: VISIT UROS AND AMANTANI OVERNIGHT
DAY 3: TOUR TAQUILE AND RETURN TO PUNO
DAY 4: TRANSFER TO JULIACA VIA SILUSTANI
What is Included?
- Accommodation: 2 night(s) in hotel(s) in Puno, 1 night homestay in Amantani
- Excursions: Train from Cusco to Puno By andean explorer, Lake Titicaca
- Entrance fees to parks and cultural sights: Amantani, Uros and Taquile Islands
- Transfers: All airport transfers, Hotel pickup and drop-off, all transfers are assisted by English-speaking staff.
- Transport: minivan, on foot, boat
- Meals: According mentioned in the itinerary
- Local top quality English-speaking guides to accompany visits and excursions
- 24 hour support by our local staff
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED?
- International airfare, domestic airfare within Peru, airport departure taxes (Approximate cost US$ 31.00 international flights, and US$ 7.40 for each domestic flight).
- Tips on included excursions, visas, travel insurance, personal items.
- Pre & post tour accommodation.
- Spending money – allow approximately US$ 35-50 per day to cover meals, snacks, drinks, limited souvenirs, laundry, tips and any extras.
WHAT YOU SHOULD BRING
- Clothing: long trousers, convertible pants or shorts, long and short-sleeved T-shirts or shirts, cotton socks.
- Warm clothes for high altitude areas (Puno, 3800 msnm), especially at night, including sweaters / fleeces and a jacket.
- Rain gear or poncho (you can buy a basic one in Puno), especially if visiting in the months November to April.
- Comfortable footwear, trekking boots recommended.
- Hat or cap to protect you from the sun, cold and rain.
- Sun block (high factor).
- After-sun cream or hydrating cream for face and body.
- Personal toiletries and medications.
- Non-disposable canteen (Nalgene type) or water bottle to carry water on outings.
- Cash in soles and/or US$ for extras (souvenirs, beverages, etc)
- Original passport and passport photocopies.
PRICE PER PERSON :
Contact us, for prices. Thanks
- This will depend on the amount of people coming to the tours and to the kind of accommodation.
- If you wish to travel alone, you need to ask for a private tour, letting us know which date you wish to leave, and you must make your reservation a week ahead of time so that we can organize your tour.
- If you wish to go with other people, we can let you know what dates are available and you can join an existing group.
- Write to us to make your reservation and we will send you the form and the payment conditions.
OUR BOOKING POLICIESNon-Refundable, Non-Transferable Deposits for TREKS and Short Tours
There is a $200 per person deposit needed to your trek/tour with Haku Travel. The deposit can be made through PayPal, which will incur a 5.5% PayPal merchant fee paid by the traveler or by a wire directly to our bank (Bank of America or Citibank) for free if you are a fellow account holder. All deposits are fully non-refundable and non-transferable. In the event that you need to cancel your trip, cancellation fees will be assessed as outlined below under Cancellation Policy. It is not possible to transfer your deposit to another person’s trek if cancelling, they will need to send in their own deposit.
If you are booking a full itinerary, including hotels, with Haku Travel, we will require 50% of the total value as a deposit. If you must CANCEL, refunds other than the non-refundable $200 deposit required for all tours, will be returned if your start date is more than 60 days away. Once you are within 60 days of your tour beginning, money will no longer be refundable.
Final Payment Terms
For all treks and small tours, final payment is due at least three days before your tour begins with Hatu Travel. This is normally paid directly in our office, but can be paid in advance by PayPal with a 5.5% fee or wire to Citibank. In the office we accept both US and Peruvian currency, any denomination but NO torn bills.
Cancellation Policy for Treks and Small Tours
Notification of cancellation must be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are within 8 weeks of your tour start date, further payment is needed as follows:
- If you cancel 8 weeks or more days before departure: Cancellation fees equal the amount of your deposit.
- 8 weeks to 4 weeks before departure: 60% of the total tour price is due.
- 4 weeks to 5 days before departure: 80% of the total tour price is due.
- 5 days to 36 hours: 90% of the total tour price is due.
- 36 hours or less before departure: 100% of the total price is due.
Inca Trail Permits
Inca Trail permits are 100% non-refundable, non-transferable. Permits are issued in the name and with the passport number of the trekker and cannot be transferred to anyone else under any circumstances.