This amazing trek runs beneath the sacred Salkantay mountain (6.271m/20569ft), one of the highest and most stunning in the Peruvian Andes, passing through Quechua communities and lesser-known Inca ruins, to finally join the 4-day Inca Trail to Machupicchu.
|Level||To challenging; good physical condition required|
|Description||Hike around the Salcantay peak, joining the classic Inca Trail to Machu Picchu.|
|Duration||6 days / 5 nights|
|Season||April to January.|
|Departure||Private Service every day|
- Terms & Conditions
The 6 Day Inca Trail offers tourists the chance to enjoy a mix of both the Salkantay Trek and the Inca Trail combined. Starting on the Salkantay Trek the route diverges just before Salkantay Pass and instead goes over the Incachiriaska Pass (Frozen Inca Pass) which leads you down to the village of Wayllabamba where you join the Inca Trail and continue on to Machu Picchu via the Sun Gate.
By booking your Inca Trail with Haku Travel you are choosing the best. Don’t believe us? Check out our reviews on TripAdvisor!
Inca Trail Availability
We offer daily departures on the Inca Trail (excluding February when the trail is closed) –
Check Availability Here
It is strongly recommended to book your Inca Trail at least 4 months in advance as permits can quickly sell out.
-Starting Altitude – 2900m / 9515ft.
-Highest Altitude – 5028m / 16,495ft.
-Coldest Night – Day 2 around 0º celsius
-Overall Difficulty – V. Difficult
DAY 01: CUSCO – TARAWASI – MOLLEPATA – CHALLACANCHA – SORAYPAMPA – SALKANTAYPAMPA:
DAY 02: SALKANTAYPAMPA – INCACHIRIASCA- SISAYPAMPA:
DAY 03: SISAYPAMPA – PAMPACAHUA- PAUCARCANCHA
DAY 04: PAUCARCANCHA – HUALLABAMBA – WARMIWAÑUSCA PASS – PACAYMAYO:
DAY 05: PACAYMAYO – PHUYUPATAMARCA – WIÑAY WAYNA:
DAY 06: WIÑAY WAYNA – MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO
We highly recommend spending the night in Aguas Calientes and visit the citadel the next day.
WHAT IS INCLUDED
- Professional English Speaking Tour Guide
- Assistant Tour Guide for groups of 9+
- Mules / Porters to carry cooking and camping equipment
- Mules / Personal porter to carry 10kg of your personal effects
- Pick-up from your hotel
- Transportation by bus to Challacancha
- Return transportation by train and bus to Cusco
- Water (excluding the first 4 hours of the trek when you need to bring your own)
- 5 Breakfasts, 5 Lunches, 5 Afternoon Snacks and 5 Dinners. If you have a dietary request such as vegetarian
- food please let us know.
- Dining tent with tables and chairs
- 4 man tent for every 2 trekkers
- Sleeping mattress
- Oxygen bottle
- First aid kit
- Walking Poles
- Entrance to the Inca Trail and Machu Picchu
- Bus from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED
- Sleeping Bag (Can be hired from us)
- Breakfast on Day 1 and lunch and dinner on Day 6
- Entrance to Huayna Picchu Mountain
- Travel Insurance – you are strongly recommended to take out travel insurance for the duration of your trip.
WHAT WE RECOMMEND THAT YOU BRING
- A backpack with a change of clothes for the whole period of the trek
- Rain gear (jacket and pants if available) or rain poncho (plastic ponchos can be purchased in Cusco)
- Strong footwear, waterproof trekking boots recommended
- Sandals or jogging shoes for a higher comfort while at camp
- Warm clothes, including jacket, fleeces. Thermal clothing is also recommended, especially for sleeping
- Flashlight/headlamp and batteries
- Camera and batteries (batteries consume more quickly under cold conditions)
- Hat or cap to protect you from the sun, rain and cold
- Sun block
- After-sun cream or hydrating cream for face and body
- Insect repellent – minimum recommended 20% DEET – no malaria risk has been reported
- Toilet paper
- Snacks: biscuits, energy bars, chocolate, raw fruits, muesli, etc. Please note that we do provide a daily morning snack and our meal service is very complete and well supplied. This recommendation applies for all clients being used to a specific snack, as it may happen that it is not included in our selection
- Water container and water for the first morning. Important notice: plastic water bottles are no longer allowed into Machu Picchu. Plastic water containers (ie. Nalgene) or metal ones are recommended
- Optionally: water- sterilizing tablets in case you pick up water from streams or rivers along the route. Otherwise, we provide filtered boiled water, which is safe to drink and has not reported any health problem so far
- Small towel
- Swimsuit (if you wish to go to the hot springs in Aguas Calientes)
- Cash in soles and/or US$
- Original passport
- Original International Student Identity Card (in case you have applied for a student discount)
- Optional: walking sticks or poles (rubber covers required in order not to damage the Inca Trail)
Group Service Prices
Price per person : This will depend on the amount of people coming to the trek and to the kind of accommodation
- Student Discount: US$20 (Requires ISIC Card to qualify)
- Under 18’s Discount: US$20
- Sleeping Bag US$30
- Walking Pole US$8
- Single Tent Supplement US$40
- Personal Porter to carry extra 7kg of personal items US$120
OUR BOOKING POLICIESNon-Refundable, Non-Transferable Deposits for TREKS and Short Tours
There is a $200 per person deposit needed to your trek/tour with Haku Travel. The deposit can be made through PayPal, which will incur a 5.5% PayPal merchant fee paid by the traveler or by a wire directly to our bank (Bank of America or Citibank) for free if you are a fellow account holder. All deposits are fully non-refundable and non-transferable. In the event that you need to cancel your trip, cancellation fees will be assessed as outlined below under Cancellation Policy. It is not possible to transfer your deposit to another person’s trek if cancelling, they will need to send in their own deposit.
If you are booking a full itinerary, including hotels, with Haku Travel, we will require 50% of the total value as a deposit. If you must CANCEL, refunds other than the non-refundable $200 deposit required for all tours, will be returned if your start date is more than 60 days away. Once you are within 60 days of your tour beginning, money will no longer be refundable.
Final Payment Terms
For all treks and small tours, final payment is due at least three days before your tour begins with Hatu Travel. This is normally paid directly in our office, but can be paid in advance by PayPal with a 5.5% fee or wire to Citibank. In the office we accept both US and Peruvian currency, any denomination but NO torn bills.
Cancellation Policy for Treks and Small Tours
Notification of cancellation must be made in writing to email@example.com. If you are within 8 weeks of your tour start date, further payment is needed as follows:
- If you cancel 8 weeks or more days before departure: Cancellation fees equal the amount of your deposit.
- 8 weeks to 4 weeks before departure: 60% of the total tour price is due.
- 4 weeks to 5 days before departure: 80% of the total tour price is due.
- 5 days to 36 hours: 90% of the total tour price is due.
- 36 hours or less before departure: 100% of the total price is due.
Inca Trail Permits
Inca Trail permits are 100% non-refundable, non-transferable. Permits are issued in the name and with the passport number of the trekker and cannot be transferred to anyone else under any circumstances.