Sacred Valley of the Incas, Lares Valley, Off the beaten track, stunning mountains scenery, High Mountain passes, quieter trails, local villages, women weaving, less tourists, Quechua speaking people, Hot spring, the route of the weavers, Andean communities with real descendant of the Incas, llama shepherds.
An amazing alternative to the Inca Trail and slightly easier than the Salcantay trek, this 4 day trek takes you off the beaten track in the Andes Mountains with a lot of opportunities to interact with the local people and the real Andean communities. The trek ends at the wonder of the world: Machu Picchu
- Terms & Conditions
|Perfect for:||Travelers who want to experience the life of local Andean people. This place is a photographer’s dream as you will get to meet locals and will see incredible Andean views.|
|Duration||3 days/2 nights|
|Level:||Moderate, depending on fitness level|
|Distance:||32 kilometers or 19 miles|
|Limited Spaces:||This hike does not require permits so there is always availability, however, it is best to reserve your hike in advance to secure the Machu Picchu entrances and the best train tickets.|
|Acclimatization:||UThe highest point is 4,450 meters or 14,600 feet, so it is essential that you are well acclimatized to the altitude before beginning the hike. We recommend that you spend at least 2 days in Cusco and the surrounding area before starting to properly acclimatize.|
DAY 1: CUSCO-CALCA-LARES HOT SPRING –HUACA WASI.
Day 2: HUACAHUASI -PASS -YANAHUARA – OLLANTAYTAMBO – AGUAS CALIENTES
DAY 3: AGUAS CALIENTES – MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO.
What is Included?
- Pre briefing departure
- Transport from the hotel to Lares-hot springs
- English speaking professional mountain guide with degree in Archaeology
- Expedition train from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Caliente
- Expedition train from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo
- Bus ticket from Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Aguas calientes
- Admission ticket to Machu picchu archaeological complex
- Hotel with private room and bathroom in Aguas Calientes
- 2 person Igloo tents (large and comfortable) and a roll pad mattress.
- Delicious meals during the 4 days as indicated in the itinerary
- Cook and cooking equipment
- Horseman and mules, to carry all camping and personal equipment (7 kilos of your personal items such as extra clothes, sleeping bag will be carried by our mules)
- Provision of a horse in case of emergency such as illness, to ensure trek can be completed by all participants
- First-aid kit including emergency oxygen tank
- Boiled water to fill in your bottles
- Private guided tour in Machu Picchu
- Chef and cooking equipment and kitchen tent
What is Not Included?
- Sleeping bag (minus 8 ºC) US$ 10
- Huaynapicchu mountain $20
- Energy snacks such as chocolate bars, dried fruits (recommended)
- First breakfast & Lunch on the 3rd day
- OPTIONAL UP-GRADES: Hotel or train.
- VISTADOME Train to Cusco instead of Expedition Train, Please add US$36 per person
- Tips for your crew: guide, cook, horseman
WHAT YOU SHOULD BRING
- Sleeping bag (Minus 8ºC – can be rented at Sam Travel Peru office for US$10)
- Sturdy hiking boots
- Warm clothes and trekking pants, not jeans
- Layers for variable temperatures especially at night
- Flash light with extra batteries
- Camera, extra film & batteries
- Sun protection: sunscreen, sun hat, sunglasses
- Thermals: wool socks, gloves
- Scarf and woolen hat for cold nights
- Insect repellent
- Rain poncho: a good rain jacket
- Extra plastic bags especially in wet season
- Toiletries / toilet paper,m/ small towel
- Bathing clothes for the hot springs (optional)
- Water bottle: water purifying tablets optional
- Personal medical kit with a simple whistle
- Original passport and ISIC student card if applicable
- Extra money for souvenirs drinks and tips
- Trekking poles
Group Service Prices
Price per person : This will depend on the amount of people coming to the trek and to the kind of accommodation
- Student Discount: US$20 (Requires ISIC Card to qualify)
- Under 18’s Discount: US$20
- Sleeping Bag US$10
- Walking Pole US$8
- Single Tent Supplement US$30
OUR BOOKING POLICIESNon-Refundable, Non-Transferable Deposits for TREKS and Short Tours
There is a $200 per person deposit needed to your trek/tour with Haku Travel. The deposit can be made through PayPal, which will incur a 5.5% PayPal merchant fee paid by the traveler or by a wire directly to our bank (Bank of America or Citibank) for free if you are a fellow account holder. All deposits are fully non-refundable and non-transferable. In the event that you need to cancel your trip, cancellation fees will be assessed as outlined below under Cancellation Policy. It is not possible to transfer your deposit to another person’s trek if cancelling, they will need to send in their own deposit.
If you are booking a full itinerary, including hotels, with Haku Travel, we will require 50% of the total value as a deposit. If you must CANCEL, refunds other than the non-refundable $200 deposit required for all tours, will be returned if your start date is more than 60 days away. Once you are within 60 days of your tour beginning, money will no longer be refundable.
Final Payment Terms
For all treks and small tours, final payment is due at least three days before your tour begins with Hatu Travel. This is normally paid directly in our office, but can be paid in advance by PayPal with a 5.5% fee or wire to Citibank. In the office we accept both US and Peruvian currency, any denomination but NO torn bills.
Cancellation Policy for Treks and Small Tours
Notification of cancellation must be made in writing to email@example.com. If you are within 8 weeks of your tour start date, further payment is needed as follows:
- If you cancel 8 weeks or more days before departure: Cancellation fees equal the amount of your deposit.
- 8 weeks to 4 weeks before departure: 60% of the total tour price is due.
- 4 weeks to 5 days before departure: 80% of the total tour price is due.
- 5 days to 36 hours: 90% of the total tour price is due.
- 36 hours or less before departure: 100% of the total price is due.
Inca Trail Permits
Inca Trail permits are 100% non-refundable, non-transferable. Permits are issued in the name and with the passport number of the trekker and cannot be transferred to anyone else under any circumstances.