(UROS, TAQUILE ISLAND IN PUNO) This tour allows you to see the amazing floating Uros Islands and the larger Taquile Island of Lake Titicaca in one day. On this tour, you will see the best of this high altitude lake in a short amount of time. You will learn about the construction of the Uros islands and the lives of the people who live on them. You will also learn about the fascinating culture of the people of Taquile island. This tour is great for people who want to see Lake Titicaca, but have limited time in the area.
- Terms & Conditions
Lake Titicaca has long been considered a sacred place among natives and indigenous people, those who live in and around the lake consider themselves descendants of Mama Cocha ( sacred water) since according the history lake Titicaca was the birthplace of the civilization and the Incas. Viracchocha the Andean creator deity sent the Inca brothers to illuminated this areas principally Cuzco valley.
Lake Titicaca is a dazzling sight .it’s deep azure waters seemingly extend forever across the altiplano, under the monstrously wide sky at an elevation of 4000mt/13,000ft it is massive the only one world’s highest navigable lake, it has been inhabited for thousands of years and it is make and re-made of totora (reeds that grows here) which serve as home for some local villages in the lake. Nowadays is visited by thousands of tourists where you will get unforgettable experience.
DAY 1: CUSCO TO PUNO
Andahuyalillas: Sistine chapel of South America: this church is one of the most beautiful examples of Andean popular religious art. (It leaves at 7.30am and arrives at about 5pm.)
Raqchi (Wiracocha God Temple): This was an Incan church of monumental dimensions; 100 meters long, 26 meters wide and 14 meters high. The temple is divided in two naves and each nave shows 11 giant columns that’s huge!
La Raya: This is the half-way point between Cusco and Puno and also the highest point (4335 meters above sea level). The landscapes here are stunning and typical Andean animals like llamas, alpacas and vicuñas are common. It is also the geographic border between two cultures, the Quechua and Aymara.
Pukara: This is the most important and oldest ceremonial center of the altiplano. There are interesting life like sculptures and tombs. The trip also includes a really nice lunch buffet in a Sicuani town.
DAY 2: FLOATING UROS AND TAQUILE ISLANDS.
DAY 3: TRANSFER OUT.
Option 1: Transfer to Juliaca airport located only 45 minutes away from Puno.
Option 2: Transfer to the bus station and back to Cusco to Hotel.
End of service
What is Included?
- All transfers in/out, airport, hotel, bus and train station.
- 2 nights at 3 star hotel.
- 2 breakfast at the hotels.
- 2 Lunches on day 1 and 2
- Round trip Bus tickets
- Entrance fees per itinerary
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED?
- Meals that are not stated otherwise.
- Airfares. Note:
- Tips guides and local family are always welcome. The local Family are also very grateful for a small donation, for example clothes or school equipment for their children.
WHAT YOU SHOULD BRING
- Clothing: long trousers, convertible pants or shorts, long and short-sleeved T-shirts or shirts, cotton socks.
- Warm clothes for high altitude areas (Puno, 3800 msnm), especially at night, including sweaters / fleeces and a jacket.
- Rain gear or poncho (you can buy a basic one in Puno), especially if visiting in the months November to April.
- Comfortable footwear, trekking boots recommended.
- Hat or cap to protect you from the sun, cold and rain.
- Sun block (high factor).
- After-sun cream or hydrating cream for face and body.
- Personal toiletries and medications.
- Non-disposable canteen (Nalgene type) or water bottle to carry water on outings.
- Cash in soles and/or US$ for extras (souvenirs, beverages, etc)
- Original passport and passport photocopies.
PRICE PER PERSON :
Contact us, for prices. Thanks
- This will depend on the amount of people coming to the tours and to the kind of accommodation.
- If you wish to travel alone, you need to ask for a private tour, letting us know which date you wish to leave, and you must make your reservation a week ahead of time so that we can organize your tour.
- If you wish to go with other people, we can let you know what dates are available and you can join an existing group.
- Write to us to make your reservation and we will send you the form and the payment conditions.
OUR BOOKING POLICIESNon-Refundable, Non-Transferable Deposits for TREKS and Short Tours
There is a $200 per person deposit needed to your trek/tour with Haku Travel. The deposit can be made through PayPal, which will incur a 5.5% PayPal merchant fee paid by the traveler or by a wire directly to our bank (Bank of America or Citibank) for free if you are a fellow account holder. All deposits are fully non-refundable and non-transferable. In the event that you need to cancel your trip, cancellation fees will be assessed as outlined below under Cancellation Policy. It is not possible to transfer your deposit to another person’s trek if cancelling, they will need to send in their own deposit.
If you are booking a full itinerary, including hotels, with Haku Travel, we will require 50% of the total value as a deposit. If you must CANCEL, refunds other than the non-refundable $200 deposit required for all tours, will be returned if your start date is more than 60 days away. Once you are within 60 days of your tour beginning, money will no longer be refundable.
Final Payment Terms
For all treks and small tours, final payment is due at least three days before your tour begins with Hatu Travel. This is normally paid directly in our office, but can be paid in advance by PayPal with a 5.5% fee or wire to Citibank. In the office we accept both US and Peruvian currency, any denomination but NO torn bills.
Cancellation Policy for Treks and Small Tours
Notification of cancellation must be made in writing to email@example.com. If you are within 8 weeks of your tour start date, further payment is needed as follows:
- If you cancel 8 weeks or more days before departure: Cancellation fees equal the amount of your deposit.
- 8 weeks to 4 weeks before departure: 60% of the total tour price is due.
- 4 weeks to 5 days before departure: 80% of the total tour price is due.
- 5 days to 36 hours: 90% of the total tour price is due.
- 36 hours or less before departure: 100% of the total price is due.
Inca Trail Permits
Inca Trail permits are 100% non-refundable, non-transferable. Permits are issued in the name and with the passport number of the trekker and cannot be transferred to anyone else under any circumstances.