This trek is ideal for those passengers who really want to be far in the middle of nowhere with only nature surrounding them. Huchuy Qosqo (small Cusco) is situated above the Valley of Urubamba and offers spectacular views over the mountain range Cordillera de Vilcanota.
- Terms & Conditions
Altitude: 2050 – 4050 m. / 6725 – 13287 f.
Duration: 2 days / 1 night
Distance: 14 km
Level of difficulty: Normal (Easy)
DAY 1: CUSCO – TAUCA – HUCHUY QOSQO PASS – HUCHUY QOSQO – LAMAY – OLLANTAYTAMBO – AGUAS CALIENTES (TREKKING AND TRAIN)
DAY 2: AGUAS CALIENTES – MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
- Professional tour guide who is fluent in English
- Private transport to Tauca on the first day of your trek
- Box Lunch for the first day
- Entrance fee to Huchuy Qosqo
- Private transport from Lamay to Ollantaytambo
- Expedition train from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes
- One night accommodation in Aguas Calientes
- Dinner in Aguas Calientes
- Breakfast on the second day in Aguas Calientes
- Round trip bus ticket from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu
- Machu Picchu entrance fee
- Guided tour of Machu Picchu
- Expedition Train from Aguas Caliantes to Ollantaytambo
- Bus transfer from Ollantaytambo to your hotel in Cusco
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED?
- Breakfast on the first day
- Lunch and dinner on the last day
- A ticket to climb Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain. Please let us know if you would like to do this when you book the trek. Tickets to climb Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain cost an extra (US $15) added to the trek price
- Tips for the guide and drivers
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO TAKE?
- Original passport (needed to enter Machu Picchu)
- For students: Original ISIC card
- Warm jacket
- Rain gear (especially for December-March)
- Insect repellent
- Extra money for lunch and shopping
- Please Note: We offer a US $20 discount to students with an ISIC Student Card only.
- Notes: -(1) Visit to Huayna Picchu: For Huayna Picchu mountain requires to beBOOKED long time in advance however we charge additional $ 15.00 and then we’ll guarantee your entrance for Huayna Picchu as well (This new State law began since the 18th of July, 2011).
-(2) Tips for porters, cooks and guides are always welcome. The porters are also very grateful for a small donation, for example clothes or school equipment for their children.
WHAT YOU SHOULD BRING
- Small backpack with rain shelter (30 or 40 litters is well enough).
- Clothing for warm and cold climate like a waterproof jacket.
- Trekking shoes.
- Slippers or sandals (for showers and hot springs).
- Woolen or synthetic socksand a sweater.
- Long- and short-sleeved polo’s/T-Shirts.
- Rainponcho and a hat.
- Bathing suit (for the hot springs in Aguas Calientes).
- Sunscreen, insect repellent, disinfecting alcohol and gel and toilet paper.
- Camera (wrapped in plastic bag), a flash light and batteries.
- Some snacks like chocolate bars and dry fruit.
- Original passport, original ISIC student card (In case you are student) and extra money in soles.
Price per person:
- This will depend on the amount of people coming to the Treks and to the kind of accommodation.
- If you wish to travel alone, you need to ask for a private tour, letting us know which date you wish to leave, and you must make your reservation a week ahead of time so that we can organize your tour.
- If you wish to go with other people, we can let you know what dates are available and you can join an existing group. Write to us to make your reservation and we will send you the form and the payment conditions.
OUR BOOKING POLICIESNon-Refundable, Non-Transferable Deposits for TREKS and Short Tours
There is a $200 per person deposit needed to your trek/tour with Haku Travel. The deposit can be made through PayPal, which will incur a 5.5% PayPal merchant fee paid by the traveler or by a wire directly to our bank (Bank of America or Citibank) for free if you are a fellow account holder. All deposits are fully non-refundable and non-transferable. In the event that you need to cancel your trip, cancellation fees will be assessed as outlined below under Cancellation Policy. It is not possible to transfer your deposit to another person’s trek if cancelling, they will need to send in their own deposit.
If you are booking a full itinerary, including hotels, with Haku Travel, we will require 50% of the total value as a deposit. If you must CANCEL, refunds other than the non-refundable $200 deposit required for all tours, will be returned if your start date is more than 60 days away. Once you are within 60 days of your tour beginning, money will no longer be refundable.
Final Payment Terms
For all treks and small tours, final payment is due at least three days before your tour begins with Hatu Travel. This is normally paid directly in our office, but can be paid in advance by PayPal with a 5.5% fee or wire to Citibank. In the office we accept both US and Peruvian currency, any denomination but NO torn bills.
Cancellation Policy for Treks and Small Tours
Notification of cancellation must be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are within 8 weeks of your tour start date, further payment is needed as follows:
- If you cancel 8 weeks or more days before departure: Cancellation fees equal the amount of your deposit.
- 8 weeks to 4 weeks before departure: 60% of the total tour price is due.
- 4 weeks to 5 days before departure: 80% of the total tour price is due.
- 5 days to 36 hours: 90% of the total tour price is due.
- 36 hours or less before departure: 100% of the total price is due.
Inca Trail Permits
Inca Trail permits are 100% non-refundable, non-transferable. Permits are issued in the name and with the passport number of the trekker and cannot be transferred to anyone else under any circumstances.