Ausangate (6398m/20991f) is considered to be one of the most beautiful snow-capped mountains of the Andes. The region around the mountain offers impressive scenery of mountains, glaciers, lagoons and streams.
This is one of the most beautiful choices to visit the rainbow land in Ausangate. Besides, it is a different experience because we are going to walking over 4500 msnm. During the trip, we will see the most famous mountain of Cusco and Peru (Ausangate, and beautiful landscapes). This tour combines a bit of culture, tradition, and amazing flora and fauna offered by the Andes of Peru and it is a perfect place to find peace and a sense of Andean life.
- Book Now
- Terms & Conditions
Ausangate is the ultimate trekking destination in the Cusco area. This beautiful snow-capped peak is one of the main features of the Cusco skyline but very few people actually ever see it up close. The area around Ausangate is full of natural beauty; with azure lakes and the majestic snow-capped peak ever present, trekking here is truly amazing.
The 5 day Ausangate trek really allows you to see a part of Peru few ever visit, this unforgettable trail is perfect for people who love to get away from it all.
By booking the Ausangate Trek with Haku Travel you are choosing the best. Don’t believe us? Check out our reviews on Tripadvisor.
-Starting Altitude – 3800m / 12.46ft.
-Highest Altitude – 5200m / 17.05ft.
-Walking Distance – ?km / ?miles
-Longest Day – Day ?, approximately ?km / ? miles
-Coldest Night – Days? and ? around ?º celsius
-Overall Difficulty – Easy
What is Included?
- Professional tours Guide
- Private transport
- Emergency horse
- First Aid
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED?
- Entrance to national park (10 SOLES)
WHAT YOU SHOULD BRING
- A backpack with a change of clothes for the whole period of the trek
- Rain gear (jacket and pants if available) or rain poncho (plastic ponchos can be purchased in Cusco)
- Strong footwear, waterproof trekking boots recommended
- Sandals or jogging shoes for a higher comfort while at camp
- Warm clothes, including jacket, fleeces. Thermal clothing is also recommended, especially for sleeping.
- A down jacket is especially recommended for this trek since it runs at high altitude and temperatures may easily drop below freezing in the evening and at nights
- Flashlight/headlamp and batteries
- Camera and batteries (batteries consume more quickly under cold conditions)
- Hat or cap to protect you from the sun, rain and cold
- Sun block
- After-sun cream or hydrating cream for face and body
- Toilet paper
- Snacks: biscuits, energy bars, chocolate, raw fruits, muesli, etc. Please note that we do provide a daily morning snack and our meal service is very complete and well supplied. This recommendation applies for all clients
- being used to a specific snack, as it may happen that it is not included in our selection
- Water container and water for the first morning
- Optionally: water- sterilizing tablets in case you pick up water from streams or rivers along the route.
- Otherwise, we provide filtered boiled water, which is safe to drink and has not reported any health problem so far
- Small towel
- Swimsuit (if you wish take a dip at the hot springs along the route)
- Cash in soles and/or US$
- Copy of original passport
- Optional: walking sticks or poles
PRICE PER PERSON :
This will depend on the amount of people coming to the trek and to the kind of accommodation.
- Student Discount: US$ (Requires ISIC Card to qualify)
- Under 18’s Discount: US$
- Sleeping Bag US$
- Inflatable Mattress US$
- Single Tent Supplement US$
OUR BOOKING POLICIESNon-Refundable, Non-Transferable Deposits for TREKS and Short Tours
There is a $200 per person deposit needed to your trek/tour with Haku Travel. The deposit can be made through PayPal, which will incur a 5.5% PayPal merchant fee paid by the traveler or by a wire directly to our bank (Bank of America or Citibank) for free if you are a fellow account holder. All deposits are fully non-refundable and non-transferable. In the event that you need to cancel your trip, cancellation fees will be assessed as outlined below under Cancellation Policy. It is not possible to transfer your deposit to another person’s trek if cancelling, they will need to send in their own deposit.
If you are booking a full itinerary, including hotels, with Haku Travel, we will require 50% of the total value as a deposit. If you must CANCEL, refunds other than the non-refundable $200 deposit required for all tours, will be returned if your start date is more than 60 days away. Once you are within 60 days of your tour beginning, money will no longer be refundable.
Final Payment Terms
For all treks and small tours, final payment is due at least three days before your tour begins with Hatu Travel. This is normally paid directly in our office, but can be paid in advance by PayPal with a 5.5% fee or wire to Citibank. In the office we accept both US and Peruvian currency, any denomination but NO torn bills.
Cancellation Policy for Treks and Small Tours
Notification of cancellation must be made in writing to email@example.com. If you are within 8 weeks of your tour start date, further payment is needed as follows:
- If you cancel 8 weeks or more days before departure: Cancellation fees equal the amount of your deposit.
- 8 weeks to 4 weeks before departure: 60% of the total tour price is due.
- 4 weeks to 5 days before departure: 80% of the total tour price is due.
- 5 days to 36 hours: 90% of the total tour price is due.
- 36 hours or less before departure: 100% of the total price is due.
Inca Trail Permits
Inca Trail permits are 100% non-refundable, non-transferable. Permits are issued in the name and with the passport number of the trekker and cannot be transferred to anyone else under any circumstances.